This does not mean that you should forego working with a debt relief or credit counseling company to help you restructure your debts and fix your credit score. Debt management and credit counseling is a safe and effective way of getting back control of your finances.
Credit counseling is a specialized service designed to help people come up with a comprehensive plan to manage their debts and achieve their financial goals through a review of their monthly budget and credit reports. Credit counseling services are commonly offered by non-profit organizations and should not cost you a dime. We will provide more information about credit counseling and how it can help improve your life. But first, it’s essential to understand that the term “credit counseling” can be used in many ways.
What Happens During a Credit Counseling Session?
A credit counseling session gives you the chance to work with a professional credit counselor. The main objective of the first session is to take note of your current financial status and determine precisely what your goals are moving forward. This initial session can be done in-person or via telephone, or the internet, based on the agency you will work with.
Regardless of the format, you select, you will be required to provide specific financial details to your counselor. Recent credit card statements, a list of your monthly expenses, and pay stubs are some of the crucial documents you will need. Your counselor can put your expenses and income into a monthly budget if you don’t already have one.
How Can Credit Counseling Help Me?
Now, you may be wondering, is credit counseling worth it? There are several ways that credit counseling can help you achieve your financial goals. Here are some of the main benefits of working with a credit counselor.
- In-person consultation sessions in a confidential setting with an experienced professional who can assist you manage your debt and finances.
- Get crucial information during sessions, as well as through additional resources provided for future reference.
- Get connected with other local organizations and companies that may be of assistance to you.
- Get an actionable plan to help you achieve your financial objectives.
- Get a professional assessment of your credit score and report, and find ways to improve.
- If credit card debt is a problem for you, learn more about different credit card debt management methods and techniques.
Feel free to contact us and one of our friendly credit experts will get you momentarily.We service the following zip codes and surrounding areas.
View a map of our services areas:
Visit our Google Site: